Monday, July 12, 2010

The Portable Skills Profile

My comment is based on activity 3.4 from the 3rd chapter of text book Turning Point…

Portable Skills Profile assures me what skill I’ve already had and on which skills I have lack.

I have some skills that will help me in my work career and at the interview. I will stay with my choice to be a Wed Designer , although in this process to analyze material in the text book I have realized that I could work in Education Field, I could work in Design related jobs, I could be a programmer and photographer. Actually photography is my hobby. I used to have a dark room in a vestibule and in a bathroom in my studio. I used to takes photos of my nieces in black and white; developed films; dried them and made photos.

My answer on task 2 is that my career goal is to be a Web Designer, though if my life condition will allow I will do certificate in photography.

My strongest cluster is a Communication Skills since I pay attention to the ideas, opinions, and questions of others; I listen without interrupting. Explain my point of view. Give my opinion. List goes on.

My weakest cluster is a Change-management Skill. Frankly, I lack most of those skills. Two example of lack of this cluster skills are: to have ability to respond coolly to emergency or crisis situation; to have healthy outlets to handle stress effectively etc.

The Portable Skills Profile is useful because you can find out what skills you have already, and what skills you shoul mastered to serve your in your future job.

No comments:

Post a Comment